Trump, Strait of Hormuz
Digest more
Two U.S. Navy destroyers had transited the Strait of Hormuz to begin mine-clearing operations in the vital waterway, U.S. Central Command said Saturday. The destroyers crossed through the Strait and operated in the Arabian Gulf, CENTCOM said on social media.
The U.S. military said Monday two cargo ships have passed through the Strait of Hormuz as the Trump administration seeks to regain control of the critical shipping waterway. U.S. Central Command confirmed the transit of the two vessels and said Navy guided-missile destroyers are now protecting vessels in the Persian Gulf after transiting the
Two American-flagged merchant ships made it through the Strait of Hormuz, the US military announced Monday, the first indication that the Trump administration was restoring the flow of shipping traffic in the crucial waterway.
The U.S. Navy’s blockade continued to intercept ships trying to leave or enter Iranian ports, while fear of Iranian attacks kept other ships from attempting passage through the narrows.
A senior Iranian official told Reuters Iran had fired a warning shot and that it was unclear whether the warship had been damaged.
Israeli war on Iran after a tanker was hit in the Strait of Hormuz, escalating global shipping and oil concerns.
Army official Mohammad Akraminia said that ‘countries that comply with the US by imposing sanctions on Iran will face difficulties crossing the strait’
US crude oil prices fell further after President Donald Trump signalled a possible deal to end the Iran war. Brent dropped more than 6% to about $103 a barrel, while US crude slid nearly 7% to around $95,