Iran allows Chinese ships to cross Strait of Hormuz
Digest more
Morning Overview on MSN
Three US Navy destroyers come under Iranian missile and drone fire transiting the Strait of Hormuz — CENTCOM says no American ships were hitThree U.S. Navy destroyers came under direct fire from Iranian missiles and drones on May 7, 2026, as they transited the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow passage connecting the Persian Gulf to the open ocean.
US guided-missile destroyers have passed through the Strait of Hormuz and entered the Gulf as part of a new mission to restore
Two U.S. Navy destroyers had transited the Strait of Hormuz to begin mine-clearing operations in the vital waterway, U.S. Central Command said Saturday. The destroyers crossed through the Strait and operated in the Arabian Gulf, CENTCOM said on social media.
The U.S. Navy’s blockade continued to intercept ships trying to leave or enter Iranian ports, while fear of Iranian attacks kept other ships from attempting passage through the narrows.
A senior Iranian official told Reuters Iran had fired a warning shot and that it was unclear whether the warship had been damaged.
Iran has turned to alternative routes to bypass the US blockade near the Strait of Hormuz, making use of northern sea ports, trucking through land borders and sending cargo through a rail system
Army official Mohammad Akraminia said that ‘countries that comply with the US by imposing sanctions on Iran will face difficulties crossing the strait’