Maine is considered a key state for control of the narrowly divided Senate, and Democrats were desperate for a candidate capable of defeating Republican Sen. Susan Collins.
Graham Platner had until 5 p.m. on Monday to formally suspend his campaign or he would remain on the ballot in November.
Graham Platner has formally withdrawn from the race for the U.S. Senate seat for Maine.
The 41-year-old oyster farmer and military veteran, who denies the claims, says "for the movement to continue, it can't be me." ...
Maine Democratic Senate nominee Graham Platner said in a video statement Wednesday he was suspending his campaign, taking aim at the Democratic establishment while clearing the way for the party to ...
Platner, who faced a series of controversies, flatly denied rape allegations in a video posted on social media. The departure may signal the end of his political rise after tapping into a current of ...
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Democrats in Maine began jockeying Thursday to become the new candidate for a pivotal U.S. Senate seat after progressive nominee Graham Platner announced he will withdraw from ...
See more of our trusted coverage when you search. Prefer Newsweek on Google to see more of our trusted coverage when you search. As Maine’s Democratic Senate candidate Graham Platner faces mounting ...
Embattled Maine Senate candidate Graham Platner on Friday officially dropped out of the race, paving the way for Democrats to select a new nominee just days before the deadline.
Maine Democratic Senate nominee Graham Platner has officially withdrawn from ​the state's U.S. Senate race, the Maine ...
Democrat Graham Platner has formally withdrawn from the Maine Senate race, allowing members of the party to choose their new nominee this month. “I write to formally withdraw my candidacy for United ...
The Democratic candidate's exit comes after he was accused of sexual assault by a woman he previously dated. The formal ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results