Congo’s Ebola outbreak has spread to a sixth province after a death was recorded in the previously unaffected Bas-Uele province, the head of Africa’s CDC said Thursday. The man died in Buta, the ...
Ebola cases and deaths are surging in Congo as WHO warns the 2026 Ebola outbreak could become the deadliest ever, with the virus spreading faster than health workers can contain it.
Three carriages overturned onto their side, leaving several trapped on board, after the train left the tracks between ...
Congo Ebola outbreak becomes fastest-spreading on record with over 4,300 cases and 2,000 deaths, challenging public health responses in multiple provinces.
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in Congo is on track to surpass the deadliest one in history that killed over 11,000 people, the head of the World Health Organization said Wednesday.
Congo's Ebola outbreak has claimed at least 2,000 lives as it has become the fastest-growing on record. Government data shows 4,381 confirmed cases, with 2,011 deaths. Health authorities struggle to ...
More than 2,000 people have now died from Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The outbreak is the second-largest ever and shows no signs of slowing.
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has killed 2,011 people out of 4,381 confirmed cases of the virus.
The Ebola outbreak, which has hit the DRC's conflict-plagued eastern and northeastern regions, was declared on 15 May but is thought to have already been spreading for several weeks.
The latest toll puts it close behind the DRC's deadliest Ebola outbreak in 2018 to 2020, when nearly 2,300 people died out of 3,500 recorded cases.